Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ton of this stuff Its 762X25 cal Its in a 50 rd box HS is 22 over 57. On top of box says

BULLET fmj 86gr (5.57g)

SPEED 1450fps (442m/s)

BATCH 1357-00 7.62 TOK

Iv not shot any Im thinking its repacked not to good anyone have more info?? When I got it it was almost free like 7 cents per rd.

·
Copper Bullet member
8,963 Posts
Are you sure it's 57? It is actually repacked Hungarian ammo that the South Africans captured at one time or another. The 22 factory code is known with years; 51, 52, 53, 54, 83, 84, 85. If you find any others, I'd love to get some examples.

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
6,263 Posts
Repacked, Dan's Ammo sold it about 4-5 years ago. Pretty inconsistant IIRC. Only good thing about this ammo was the reusable plastic cases it came in.

SlimTim

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
When Slim Tim mentioned the plastic cases it set off a pop-up in my mind. LOL

I bought this ammo and found it to be so inconsistent I pulled it for the components.

I felt cheated at the time, but used it all anyways.

I tried to pull the projectile and replace existing powder with new powder before I pulled all of the projectiles for component value.

I had too many bad primers and decided I wasted enough good stuff and time on this crap.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking this has to be crap the price was way low. I think i will take it to the pawn shop in town and let him unload it. Someone will buy it.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I'd shoot it or keep it stashed. Ammo prices are going nertz.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I sold it. I got lots of the Rom 762X25 its very good. I have to make room in the bullet room.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts