#1 ·

I picked up this CZ24 recently. I know it's a rebuild, but I don't know who
did it. The receiver is scrubbed. Stock is stamped matching to receiver
number. Bolt is electro-penciled to match. The circular cartouche is on
the pistol grip.

thanks !

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I think the Romanian communists likely rebuilt these. They have EP'ed bolt bodies but that's where the similarity to RC's stops. The Russians didn't remove the receiver ring markings from any of the Kar.98k's I have seen, yet someone was insulted by the King Carol and King Michael crests enough to remove them from these. I can't imagine that the Romanian royal crests would have been irritating enough to bother with for anyone except Romanians.

A couple of the other reasons that I believe these were done by the Romanians and not the Russians is that they have (all I have seen anyway) what appear to be brand new, never previously numbered Vz-24 stocks and the stocks are numbered in the fashion of Vz-24's and not RC's. The Russians never went to the trouble to restock any of their Kar.98k's in new lumber. It makes sense that the Romanians would have either had a supply of NOS type stocks for these or would have had the ability to manufacture them. I don't believe these rifles were important enough to the Russians to go that kind of trouble.

The circular marking on your stock is a Romanian stylized CM=Copsa Mica.

#7 ·
one way of telling if it's Romanian or not is if the serial numbers start with a two letter prefix and the second letter is an R, then it's Romanian. PR in your case, R being Romanian. Czechs used one letter usually A-D I believe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.