Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new family member this week. I am very happy to find this scarce example. It has all matching numbers except the magazine which is a repo.

Has anyone seen a bipod like this? Is it Russian mfg?

Pictures will describe it better than me.

·
Platinum Bullet member
2,099 Posts
That's a great find, someday I too hope to be as lucky finding one. Too bad they fitted the bipod to it but you should be able to clean up the barrel okay. How's the bore and gas system?

·
Silver Bullet member
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's a great find, someday I too hope to be as lucky finding one. Too bad they fitted the bipod to it but you should be able to clean up the barrel okay. How's the bore and gas system?
The bore is nice; rifling is very strong and only a little darkness in the grooves. It hasn't been cleaned so it may be better than it looks at first glance. I haven't checked the gas system yet.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I have those same curtains in my house (actually the Big Princess does..I don't do curtains, but just tolerate them) BUT I DON'T HAVE THE SVT IN FRONT OF THEM.

Nice find.

Does Bruce Hornsby get the the jazz? Oh, yeah! Check out his "Camp Meeting" album...just outstanding! I am in another space on this one. "Death and the Flower" is a must listen.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,007 Posts
I don't see any Finn markings.[/QUOTE said:
Check the gas valve to see if it has had the Finnish modification with the "2" setting added.

I'm also interesting in the slight plum color on the bolt. Is that present on the underside protected areas?

Nice rifle! Is it matching?

Cass

·
Silver Bullet member
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Check the gas valve to see if it has had the Finnish modification with the "2" setting added.

I'm also interesting in the slight plum color on the bolt. Is that present on the underside protected areas?

Nice rifle! Is it matching?

Cass
I will be taking it apart this weekend. Where is this Finnish modification in which they added the "2"?

The bolt cover is plum throughout, including the underside. The inside/bottom part of the bolt is in the white.

Thank you. It is all matching.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.