Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a new family member this week. I am very happy to find this scarce example. It has all matching numbers except the magazine which is a repo.

Has anyone seen a bipod like this? Is it Russian mfg?

Pictures will describe it better than me.

·
Silver Bullet member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
"Thats one great looking Tula SVT. What did you pay for it?"

I got a good deal and don't really feel comfortable saying here if that's okay. PM me if you are really curious.

·
Silver Bullet member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Ramen noodles or Bill Gates?
1,878 Posts
bipod looks like it came of a chinese nhm-91. Keith

·
Diamond Member
5,814 Posts
Mongo4567, congratulations on your find. I'm really interested in the story on the bipod (I don't have a clue about it). Hats off to you on how you responded to the $ question. Denny

·
Silver Bullet member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Unfortunate about the bipod thing. But still a great rifle! Finn marked/modified or not?

·
Silver Bullet member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Unfortunate about the bipod thing. But still a great rifle! Finn marked/modified or not?
Thank you. The bipod will be coming off, just some pins. It did rub the bluing a little bit.

I don't see any Finn markings.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
It came from Finland, no one else exported them, to anywhere.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Great score, Mongo, and thanks for sharing the pics!

Kim

·
Platinum Bullet member
2,096 Posts
That's a great find, someday I too hope to be as lucky finding one. Too bad they fitted the bipod to it but you should be able to clean up the barrel okay. How's the bore and gas system?

·
Silver Bullet member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's a great find, someday I too hope to be as lucky finding one. Too bad they fitted the bipod to it but you should be able to clean up the barrel okay. How's the bore and gas system?
The bore is nice; rifling is very strong and only a little darkness in the grooves. It hasn't been cleaned so it may be better than it looks at first glance. I haven't checked the gas system yet.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Congrats Mongo4567 I am still trying to find that missing part of my family.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
I have those same curtains in my house (actually the Big Princess does..I don't do curtains, but just tolerate them) BUT I DON'T HAVE THE SVT IN FRONT OF THEM.

Nice find.

Does Bruce Hornsby get the the jazz? Oh, yeah! Check out his "Camp Meeting" album...just outstanding! I am in another space on this one. "Death and the Flower" is a must listen.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
937 Posts
I don't see any Finn markings.[/QUOTE said:
Check the gas valve to see if it has had the Finnish modification with the "2" setting added.

I'm also interesting in the slight plum color on the bolt. Is that present on the underside protected areas?

Nice rifle! Is it matching?

Cass

·
Silver Bullet member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Check the gas valve to see if it has had the Finnish modification with the "2" setting added.

I'm also interesting in the slight plum color on the bolt. Is that present on the underside protected areas?

Nice rifle! Is it matching?

Cass
I will be taking it apart this weekend. Where is this Finnish modification in which they added the "2"?

The bolt cover is plum throughout, including the underside. The inside/bottom part of the bolt is in the white.

Thank you. It is all matching.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts