Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

· Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
The guy who sold it to me had as it turns out dropped it in water. I did not notice anything upon inspecting it to buy it. My gunsmith bought a new mag and still did not feed. Turns out the extractor was rusted and the spring was so rusted it was easily broken. Any way he took it ALL apart and replaced and lubed everything and is supposedly a new gun now. I will find out tomorrow when I try again at the range. Would have just asked for my money back but it is a beautiful gun with all new internals at this point. The guy gave me 4 boxes of Win white box for my trouble so I was alright with it. He thought he had cleaned all the water out of it. Whatever. Bud

· Registered
344 Posts
I inherited a CZ75 NIB and took it to the range. Rounds would not feed properly and sometimes would not extract. I also inherited two aftermarket mags with it that were unfortunately for the CZ75B - would not fit (too thick).

So I dismantled the new mags, took out the springs and followers and put them in the original magazines. All worked 100% after that. Dont know why but original springs and followers not as good.

Enjoy it!

· Registered
1,567 Posts
The CZ75B I have was made in 1995. Got it around 9-10 yrs ago. Anyhow it had an occasional failure to extract and the more you shot it the worse it got. I studied the extractor and it looked to be like a problem I had found on a german wartime Highpower. I used the dremel to relieve a little metal on the inside step of the extractor to allow it more grip power on the case rim ... problem solved. And this 9mm pill squirter can shoot !!. I have one handed it and swept the impact area of targets while buddies pound away with their S&W 40's & 9's , berettas and the lot.Plus I love how it feels. I bought two MegCar made in Italy High cap mags for it way back and they have worked spot on.

PS ; Anyone change out their military style grips and don't want them. I have some kind of pachmeyers on mine and would think the stock grips would be thinner - if such I would love to get a set.

· Premium Member
1,611 Posts
:)They ARE the best, for sure!! I have three "right ones". One for the home, one for the car, one for C&C.

From top to bottom:

CZ75 SP01 with tactical rail: possibly the perfect home defense pistol with TLR2 combo laser and 80 lumens flashlight. 19 rounds of +p 9mm in case you miss the first 18 times. Blinding flashlight makes it difficult for perp to see you and laser insures you are on target. Superb ergonomics and accuracy, tritium night sights in case your flashlight is out.

CZ75B stainless: oooh momma! Is that not the the coolest looking gun ever? 17 round mag capacity. No worries about rust. I carry this baby in the car.

CZ75D PCR compact: My C&C gun. Alloy frame, ambidextrous decocker, now sporting crimson laser trace grips. 14 round 9mm magazine capacity. I recommend the Galco Yaqui paddle holster for it. Tried Fobus but did not fit.

Last one is the CZ82. Great little gun in its own right.

I went shooting at lunchtime yesterday. Wanted to try the new laser grips on the CZ75D compact. I'm impressed. The laser points a bit high but that's easy to adjust. 5 shots rested at 7 and 15 yards gave me a feel for where I should aim at 10 yards. The laser really helps aquire the target especially in low light conditions. I highly recommend them!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.