Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting and firing my 52, I went looking for a useable holster.
Imagine my surprise when I found one at the first place I looked. Went to the local surplus store and found a Soft-Armor #4-CS nylon, ambi, iwb/owb holster. Listed as "1911 Type 45 Autos". It has a removeable thumbreak which I think you'd need for owb carry as the pistol might slip a bit, but for iwb I removed it and it carries fine.
Also has a removeable spring clip that can be used on either side.
Price: $20.00 www.soft-armor.com
Made in the US, with lifetime warranty

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Yes, been made for yrs. but i have read many reports the Hornady X25 defense ammo will not work reliable in a 52, but will in a Tok!
Even a Tok while easier to hide since its flat is not a great weapon for CCW!

·
Registered
712 Posts
I agree that the Tokarev is a far superior pistol...I've owned several of each for over a decade now, and have personal experience as well as a wealth of anecdotal data to support my opinion. I'm even thinking of parting with my chromed Czech '52, as they go for so much money now.

Hey though, to each their own...

One thing the Czech '52 has over the TT-33 is a conventional thumb safety instead of a half-cock safety notch. Now, that beefy Tokarev half cock notch is perfectly safe in my view, but it's pretty weird for most people who aren't used to them. The safety on the Czech '52 is a much more familiar and, arguably, fail-safe design.

HOWEVER.

There is one major problem. If you push the safety on the '52 far enough, it's "decocker" comes into action. These are notoriously unsafe decockers. Many people have demonstrated that if fragile internal parts become worn, the decocker on the '52 becomes in essence a second trigger.

If you intend to carry a '52, please, please do the "pencil test":

Take a brand new pencil, and put a square of tape over the eraser on the end. Let this fall down into the barrel of your Czech '52. With the pistol unloaded and facing a safe direction, cock the hammer, and let down on the decocker via the safety lever. If yours is defective, the tape will clearly show the impact of the firing pin where the hammer would be impacting the primer of a (more than likely) very hot 7.62 Tok round. Not Good.

If it doesn't do this, it means that the decocker on your '52 has not failed as of yet. My advice is to never trust a decocker of any kind, period, anyway...keep your thumb squarely on that hammer and decock it like you would a 1911, TT-33 or other powerful, single action military pistol. Very carefully.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have my Cz52 as one of my carry guns. Prvi Partizan makes excellent JHP ammo for it and it works fine. Wolf also sells the same ammo reboxed. Never had a FTF with them. OF course I do prefer my 45, but sometimes a slimmer carry piece is preferred for various reasons. This one is good for that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts