Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this up recently and figured I would share some pictures hoping to get information. It is clearly marked Cal 7.35 but the barrel is 1919, didn't 7.35 not come out until 1938? Here are some pictures. What do ya'll think?

·
Silver Bullet member
15,653 Posts
The stock is stamped 7.35, is the bore 6.5mm or 7.35mm?
If the bore is truly 7.35, then the old barrel has been re-bored and re-chambered; since the stock is numbered to the barrel, it would have been done during a "re-work" of the weapon.

·
Platinum Bullet member
10,781 Posts
Yes - have you measured the bore? A 6,5 bullet will easily drop into a 7,35 barrel.

This is an M91TS that was upgraded to M91/28. At some point, the M91/28 was returned to an arsenal for refurb, where the stock was replaced with what is shown. As discussed here so many times, Italians wasted nothing. The M38 stock could be used for this so it was.

That said, 1919 M91TS are very uncommon. None were actually made - they were assembled from parts on hand after the war. Find a bent bolt for it, and you are good to go! SW

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just checked the bore and a 6.5mm drops right in to the brass while a 7.35 shows a good amount of the bullet. I am getting ready to walk out the door to get on a plane in a little bit but when I get back home in 3 weeks I will do a chamber cast and slug the bore. The bore is a mirror so I am going to think it isn't a worn out 6.5. When I get home in 3 weeks I will let you all know the results.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts