Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello all ..just aquired a italian carbine and was looking for some answers ,,marked on barrel shank top flat is MBT in an oval ,,left flat is marked MB1871,,right flat has a FG in an oval and dated 1930..conditionis very good for a carcano,,looks complete except for a small screw on the rear site,,even has an original cleaning rod,,overall lenght is 36"from barrel to butt,,site graduated to 15 and definatly a carbine site,,who manufactured it?and what model would ya think it might be ? i'm guessing it's a m 91/28.bore is real good....what are these bringing these days? i'll get some pics up later,,while taking the pics i found a made in italy stamp on the barrel but no importers stamp ,,was this common? i never saw a import stamp with these fonts
thanks in advance
crazy

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
An interesting gun from an uncommon manufacturer. Please indicate full serial number for the Carcano research database, as is common here. Thanks.

Alexander

·
Registered
43 Posts
The Metallurgica Bresciana (MBT = Metallurgica Bresciana Tempini, "Tempini" was the name of the first owner) made a small production (don't know how many) of 91/28 in 1930. No other models, no other years. Your is one of them.
1871 is the year of the foundation of the company, that, unlike other producers of Carcanos, is still active (but not in the firearm business).

DogW

1 - 3 of 3 Posts