Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a scary example of a Bubba K98. Dot 43 action with what I think is a GEW barrell. The Bolt is a very late WaA 63 with round gas holes. serial number on the handle but all the rest of the parts are blank with circle Z or shamrock stamps. I have not been able to close the bolt into the action. Luckily the stock is mostly untouched other than a crack repair and small plug in bottom of the plug. The rear sling band is 90 degrees out of position with the sling slot on the bottom. It was late war band that has been massaged out of shape.
enjoy

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep darn proud of this one.

It is going to sit next to that chromed honor guard K98 that I picked up at the Cabela's collectable gun library.

Actually I may try to find a barrell for it. I have complete matching DOT 43 stock and hand guard that coudl work for it. I am going to keep my eyes open for decent used barrell with sights. I am going to see if I can get a few dollars for the Gew Barrell (If that is what it is). The Bore is near perfect.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Boy the rear barrel band is something. Did bubba take a standard stamped k98 version and beat it into submission as a bottom mount sling band to fit the stock? Seems like leaving it standard would have been easier and less work, it a very ingenious customization, lots of thinking there.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Interest in Barrell

Hi Solman,
I will check my Mauser book to verify what the barrell is on this bubba. It does have a very nice bore. Can you tell me more about the K98 barrell you have? Does it have the sights with it? What is the year and the manufacturer?
Thanks
Fred

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Barrell has been verified

The barrell has an imperial army acceptance stamp on the LH side of the barrel just forward of the receiver. In front of the sight assembly there looks to be a small crown with an H under it. Then behind that there is just a crown that looks like a small version of the DANZIG crown but it is so close to the sight I cannot tell if there is anything under it. I think the barrell could be a 98A barrell.

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
i have a later no marked one, i got sights. bore is sweet. im saving for a shooter. soon ill have a later dot barrel, a touch of wear chamber side but MOA at 100. let me look again i do have a couple. i got sights and parts. thats not a issue, ill check and report. no barrel i have is pitted at all. zero.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sounds interesting

Hi Solman,
Your private messaging is not on. PM me and we can start talking off line. I would like to ask you some questions about parts.
I will be back in a couple of hours. I am heading to a gun smith to get the barrell removed from the DOT reciever.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts