Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my Yugo 24-47 and Hungarian 98-40 today.I'm very satisfied with the 98-40,the 24-47 not so much.Both have excellent bores.The 98-40 is matched except for the bolt.Has what appears to be an original sling.The stock has some dings which I would guess is normal.Missing the front sight hood.It'a a nice companion to the sporterized one I gave.
The 24-47 is a bit disappionting.I asked when I bought it if it had the light wood as shown on the website.I was told yes.Not so Kimosabe.Dark wood.The Yugo crest is hardly visible,scrubbed away.I payed the extra vig thinking it would be a bit nicer visually.Positives are the bore is excellent and the wood,though dark is very nice.
The bayo came with a scabbard and frog.Frog is old and well broken in,which is fine with me.An obvious rebluing job
on the metal parts.I paid $295 shipped + $40 FFL fees.On the whole I'm happy with it.

Attachments

·
Platinum Bullet Member and Certified Curmudgeon
15,771 Posts
Looks good. The G98/40 is a major addition to your collection and the M24/47 is a good honest Mauser that can fill a slot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.