Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, im new to this board and mosin nagant's for that matter. i dont have those super special early finn type rifles or anything (yet). My first purchase was a 1944 tula m44, and second is a refurb 1934 hex 91/30. Yes i bubba'd the stock on the refurb, stripped off the shellac and refinished the stock because it was like someone manhandled the rifle after they refurbished it and it was still wet and the shellac was wrinkled and smeared all over. it looks shiny in the pic because i just wiped a thin coat of oil all over it. Dont worry i wont ever touch the m44 has too much character in its look. im pretty much not allowed to get anymore. anytime soon cause i get the evil eye from my fiance.

recently bought a spam can of silver tip russian surp. and going to the range in 2 weeks to test them out and have fun.

Gun Firearm Rifle Shotgun Trigger
Gun Rifle Shotgun Wood

·
Copper Bullet Member
986 Posts
I wouldn't consider what you did to the 91/30 "bubba" (its just a refurb 91/30 after all), some are bad and need it, just don't put a pistol-grip, picatinny and flash-light on it! LOL! Welcome and expect many more of those evil-eyes from your significant other!

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
9,176 Posts
Welcome to Gunboards, Fantasm!
This is a great place, with lots of people willing to share what they know. Start here for some very authoritative model by model Mosin articles:

http://mosinnagant.net/

That's also the 'parent' site to this one. That'll keep you busy for quite some time, and I also recommend supplementing your knowledge with reading some of the posts here. Very knowledgeable folks chime in here on the threads; you'll get a sense of who they are after awhile, and who to pay more attention to. Also, here are the rules of the forum:

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?1434-Rules-You-Must-Read-These-Also-Information-Links

I'd read those first, and use it as your point of reference for conduct here. Stay within the bounds and you'll have no problem. Good luck!
Pat

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
If you're getting the evil eye now, I suspect things are only going to get worse. I think it may be time to reconsider all your options. However in an effort to salvage things and promote Mosin collecting, if she doesn't shoot now perhaps you could teach her. Get in touch with these fine people http://www.2asisters.org/ perhaps they can help. My wife became MUCH more positive about firearms and shooting after attending one of their "all Women" shoots. My wife and daughter are both better shots than me in the small caliber department. Besides you know the old saying; "The family that shoots together stays together".
My wife collects dolls and when she tells me all about them, I listen and wag my tail. That's all she needs.
And when I tell her about the pictures Pathu has put up and that someday I'd like to have something like that, she smiles without showing her teeth.

·
Diamond Bullet Member and the Revered Sir Jim
48,526 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
9,096 Posts
Great start on Mosins -the M44 Tula is a gem and getting rarer by the minute.
Now go read Zaitsev's "Notes of a Russian Sniper" and "War of the Rats" and "Red Sniper on tthe Eastern Front" and the German side of the Eastern Frobt -"At the Gates of Leningrad."
Start cleaning out those closets -lots more rifles are already lining up to come in the door!

·
Copper Bullet member
1,874 Posts
Welkommen. I bought this rifle from a gun dealer who bought it from a lady who was awarded it in a divorce settlement. Ironically enough, It's a Finn. ("i dont have those super special early finn type rifles or anything (yet).)" Gun Rifle Shotgun Room Air gun

·
Gold Bullet Member
1,038 Posts
Welcome. Nice start you got there. Make sure you post pic's after you take the ladies out to play.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.