Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
105,315 Posts
I don't understand the law. Does it apply only to class 3 weapons ??? or to any weapon ??

In Kentucky, the transferee of a weapon - other than a class 3 one - does not need the any one to sign off on it.

105,315 Posts
if I recall correctly, applications from a corporation, trust, etc are not required to have any signature from Cleo.

I was told this when I picked up my first class 3 item. The city police chief is known for refusing to sign. I was offered this as an avenue. However, the County Sheriff will sigh them without any problems.

105,315 Posts
Trusts do not have a CLEO signoff or provisons for photos or fingerprinting. The reason why is the weapon is not being transfered to a person. I'd like this weapon in my name as an individual only.
But it is a lot easier to transfer ownership of a trust or a corporation than to transfer ownership of the firearms itself.

105,315 Posts
At the very least, file a motion of intent to appeal with the court, as you probably only have a few days to do so. This motion is likely a fill-in-the-blank document of one page. This will keep your options open to appeal. Then contact your state gun association, as well, and contact your local newspaper, too. Nothing the papers like better than to find an official who is breaking the law.

Laws/rules governing appeals vary from state to state. These rules can be found online. Also, could ask the clerk or deputy clerk about the time limits and the form to use for an appeal. They may or may not be helpful, but it does not hurt to ask.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.