Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well Enfielditis kicked in a few weeks ago and I have added a second Enfield to my rifle collection...This time it was 1942 Savage that I happened to find in a Pawn Shop (not the same shop as my first Enfield a 1917 BSA, but still another pawn shop)...

Anyway, I lucked in to another great find, not that I am bragging I just like talking about it with people who "understand" how great it is...

Like I said this one is a 1942 Savage, No 4 Mk I* it is marked US PROPERTY, all the numbers match, all the wood is Savage marked, all the parts that should have markings are also marked Savage...I am not sure if the previous owner took the time to restore it or if it just never needed replacement parts...It was very badly covered in gunk and cosmo. but it cleaned up very nicely...I used some walnut finish restorer on the wood once I had cleaned it all...I forgot to take some before pics because I pretty much started cleaning it as soon as I got it home. I picked up the bayo off of ebay also a Savage, the only thing that isn't is the strap...well here are the pics. I will let you all now how it shoots after I get out the range in the next couple of weeks.

·
Gold Bullet member
11,326 Posts
Great find. Congrats.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
4,612 Posts
Very nice! Now we're going to need a range report...:D

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will have to wait to get you the range report for a couple of weeks, I have to get the house ready for a visit from my cousins from England, But once they get here I am planning on taking them out to shoot both my Enfields and my other rifles and I will get you all an update then. They just don't get the chance to shoot like we do, so I am waiting and stocking up on ammo for their annual visit.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Savage Enfield.

Is the rear sight also Savage marked ?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had to check that one...didn't even see any markings at first glance but then I found a little F marking on the left side so I guess not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts