Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Last year I purchased a "C N" Marked 1935 Tula hex receiver ex-PE and shipped it off to be re scoped. I just received it back a few hours ago. The scope and mount are Ukrainian reproductions from Cole's distributing. The hex base and scope caps are from Accumounts, and the bolt was converted by Mike Battersby. I cant wait to get this to the range for some base line tests to begin accurizing, even though I still have plenty accurizing work to do with my 1942 Izhevsk PEM. Here are a couple of pics, and stay tuned to see how this thing shoots.

Next sniper project also shipped off today, stay tuned for a K98 PEM field armorer build tribute........

-Brian

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Who's your gunsmith?:thumbsup:
Frank Robertson did this one, he has a lot of stuff going on right now so I think he is pretty busy but you can try.

·
Gold Bullet Member
4,581 Posts
Likewise-- Good decision.

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Talked to him recently and he says with health issues and such, he's pretty much quit...:(

That at was the impression I was getting, he has a lot going on right now in his life. I sent him the rifle back in November after telling him to take as long as he needed. After hearing about all of the stuff on his plate I requested that he return the rifle because I didn't want to add to his stress. He surprised me by finishing the rifle instead. He is a good sniper smith but I feel he is getting out of the game.

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Have a great idea Brian, ship to me & I will shoot it to 700. Lol. Just kidding. Beautiful! Bolt56
Jerry you had your chance, that rifle just left Tenn.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,399 Posts
That at was the impression I was getting, he has a lot going on right now in his life. I sent him the rifle back in November after telling him to take as long as he needed. After hearing about all of the stuff on his plate I requested that he return the rifle because I didn't want to add to his stress. He surprised me by finishing the rifle instead. He is a good sniper smith but I feel he is getting out of the game.
I have about 3 or 4 projects for him to do, but am going to have to find another gunsmith. Tigerman was also my go-to guy, but he
got married and I guess his wife doesn't want him messing with guns, so he's out of the gun business as well.:(

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I have about 3 or 4 projects for him to do, but am going to have to find another gunsmith. Tigerman was also my go-to guy, but he
got married and I guess his wife doesn't want him messing with guns, so he's out of the gun business as well.:(

I have also heard that others have used George Tossan and have been happy. However, I spoke with George and he will not do PE's.

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It does look nice. Did he boresighted the gun also or is the final alignment of everything left for you to do?
The rifle has been bore sighted and he said he did so for 300 yards. He also had to use thin brass shim material in between the scope and rear ring to true it.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I'm encouraged you received yours back. I've had a PEM side rail with Frank for base installation since October. He has definitely had a full plate of issues going on and probably won't be taking on much new work. Does Mr. Tossan do the side rail PEM's?

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm encouraged you received yours back. I've had a PEM side rail with Frank for base installation since October. He has definitely had a full plate of issues going on and probably won't be taking on much new work. Does Mr. Tossan do the side rail PEM's?

greendevil41,

How often do you communicate with Frank? He mentioned that there was another rifle he was also working on. I used to email him once a month just to stay in contact. Hopefully you will receive yours soon as well. As far as I know Mr. Tossan will do PEM's and just about everything else. He just said he doesn't like doing the PE's because they are difficult and risky.

-Brian

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.