Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Admin Emeritus
19,073 Posts
White sight top and maybe a BP124 or TRZ stock cartouch Skid. Also the Samco import rifles were from Yugoslavia.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
White sight top and maybe a BP124 or TRZ stock cartouch Skid. Also the Samco import rifles were from Yugoslavia.
Thank you Vic, another tidbit to add to my education. A much better answer than me saying "because the member I bought it from told me". ;)

It was presented to me as a Yugo by a trustworthy member who had reached out to me when I was looking. I had absolutely no reason to doubt him and he took care of this newb.:thumbsup:

·
Gold Bullet Member
743 Posts
Glad you like it. You got one of the last matching receiver to bolt Yugos with a nice bore that Samco had. Wait until you shoot it! The Yugos are particularly great shooters over irons.
I just sighted a sister Yugo to yours with a similar nice bore and it shot less than 1" groups @ 100'. Enjoy :thumbsup:

Thank you Vic, another tidbit to add to my education. A much better answer than me saying "because the member I bought it from told me". ;)

View attachment 1248017

It was presented to me as a Yugo by a trustworthy member who had reached out to me when I was looking. I had absolutely no reason to doubt him and he took care of this newb.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Dmitry, I'm looking forward to going to the range.
I need to finish assembling one of my 'regular' 1941s to take, I've finally got all the cosmoline off. It should be an interesting comparison.
More picture practice...

·
Gold Bullet member
3,094 Posts
The first PU sniper I ever bought was a CAI imported scopeless Yugo PU. This was before the R-guns shipment came into the country. The previous owner had put a 43 dated PU scope on it in a post war Soviet mount. I still have it today; the trigger isn't the best but I have shot some nice groups with the rifle. The target pictured was shot with this rifle. Not one of the best groups with the rifle but one of my favorite as I shot three rounds and my son shot the other three rounds at the some target.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Hello,

some of the best ex-sniper's that were left to be had till SAMCO closed, to me 1 notch less than a scopeless. you got a matching bolt, great bores, and the stock that was actually on the rifle when it got de-snipered hopefully but maybe with all the many that are mismatched out there they put the parts in a PILE of sniper parts together and reassembled when done, we will never know why they are missmatched, I bought a couple myself. should have gotten to them sooner when the Scopeless rifles were available.

later
vaughn

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Hello,some of the best ex-sniper's that were left to be had till SAMCO closed, to me 1 notch less than a scopeless. you got a matching bolt, great bores, and the stock that was actually on the rifle when it got de-snipered hopefully but maybe with all the many that are mismatched out there they put the parts in a PILE of sniper parts together and reassembled when done, we will never know why they are missmatched, I bought a couple myself. should have gotten to them sooner when the Scopeless rifles were available.latervaughn
Yah, and they could be had at the time for $230.00. Now that won't get you a Beaver Chewed Infantry Izhvesk on most auctions at gunbroker. My how times have changed. I think that Swamp yank is very fortunate to have found his.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.