Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
4,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought this one... I know it is "full" retail, but nicer and more original as far as I can tell from the ones I have looked at regionally in the past 1.5 years. Comments (positive and negative) welcome and desired. From all I can tell and all I have studied and observed, it is untouched other than repop mag? Don't care about story... bought the gun. When it comes I was going to wipe down stock with damp cloth and not much else other than oiling the metal? The dual lugs really stick out!

http://www.auctionarms.com/Closed/DisplayItem.cfm?ItemNum=9757858.0

·
Gold Bullet member
4,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I have another one (AC44) that I pretty much walked into a couple years ago, but the stock was butchered by the addition of a rubber recoil pad and heavy sanding. I will sell that one, and the difference in what I paid and what I get will help offset the price on this one considerably. I also add about $125 in value for the sling that is on there. Not cheap by any means, and a major expenditure for my collection but that's where I am these days to get stuff for obvious holes; wish I had bought one years ago when they were $600 (as low as I ever saw an original)!

·
Registered
426 Posts
One word for that rifle: SWEET! Looks like you just walked up to a pile of 'turn-in's' in 1945 and picked the best one off the top. I have to compliment the seller as well -- I sure wish every auction had photographs like those and that more sellers would take the time to picture every little detail that a collector would like to see before he plops down his cash. No need to ask even one question -- very professional and well presented.
Again, hearty congrats on a fine acquistion. As for the price, as I've often heard said: "You didn't pay too much for - you just bought it too soon" ....though that really isn't a bad price at all these days.
JohnB/

·
Gold Bullet member
4,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Picked it up from my dealer today. Untouched with some aspects not described in the sale. It has a WaA on the center top of the handguard, and the WaA C10 of Karl Ulrich AG, Oberschonau between the wrist and the butt as mentioned being present on a handful of AC45 stocks by Darrin Weaver. Stock is in fact excellent as is the rest of the rifle. Some wear on the scope mount show that it has had a scope at some point; wish it was still there! My repro is gonna need some filing inside the mount channel to fit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.