Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to advise anyone who is unfamiliar with and has not had any experience with the Neuse Sport Shop in Kinston, NC to AVOID them at all coast. I've had several negative experiences with them over the years and one ongoing. They have given me the most trouble with transferring firearms from out of state, giving me grief about not buying what ever firearm it was from them when it would coast me several hundred dollars more and even if they couldn't get it for me. Also, while taking weeks to log the firearm in their books so I could pick it up, whether it be slow incompetence or a issue with me not purchasing the firearm from them. Either way it's a bad experience all the way around. My advise go to another gun shop, you have been warned!!!!

·
Silver Bullet Member
127 Posts
Several negative experiences? Jeez, Jack.

Well, there must be 'circumstances'. My ffl guy is primarily a gunsmith instead of a dealer, so I don't have the "Why not me" problem.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Several negative experiences? Jeez, Jack.

Well, there must be 'circumstances'. My ffl guy is primarily a gunsmith instead of a dealer, so I don't have the "Why not me" problem.
I think they don't like people buying the firearms from other dealers and having to do transfers, either way no one is forcing them to do transfers. The thing that really grips me is they take weeks on purpose to log the firearms in so it takes longer for people to get their firearms from them.

The moral here is just use another dealer to get the transfers done.

·
Gold Bullet member
8,514 Posts
I think they don't like people buying the firearms from other dealers and having to do transfers, either way no one is forcing them to do transfers. The thing that really grips me is they take weeks on purpose to log the firearms in so it takes longer for people to get their firearms from them. The moral here is just use another dealer to get the transfers done.
Big gun stores are in existence to make big bucks, not loyal customers. Case history: I bought a SIG Sauer 1911 pistol from a local Gander Mountain. I had them match the price of another store's ad. The SIG 1911 was a lemon and had to be returned. I got a notice from SIG Sauer saying the pistol could not be repaired, but would be replaced by a new one. When I informed Gander Mountain of this, I was told I would have to pay $75 for the ATF transfer! When I challenged this, I was told I was not "entitled" to GM's customer service policy since I got the gun at a "price match" instead of paying their full retail. I called SIG Sauer and told them to ship the replacement to a local gun/pawn shop, where ATF transfers are done for $20. As it turns out, I never paid the $20. I let the gun store keep the crappy SIG 1911 and traded it for a mint Browning HiPower and a RIA 1911. The RIA 1911, BTW, is twice the gun at 1/3 the price.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
8,348 Posts
Sorry to hear this, there is no excuse for not doing a transfer in a timely manner for a customer.
I no longer do transfers for this reason, I just did not have the time to put into it and simply started referring transfer customers to other stores locally I trust.

It takes all of 2 minutes to log it in a book, I do not understand what their problem is but I'd avoid them also. And let them know about this review you are leaving. It will piss them off but in many cases will cause them to change policy even if it effects their business very little.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts