Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
If you are talking about the bolt carrier handle, I believe a new made bolt carrier handle is made, either through historical parts and militaria company owned and operated by Darrin Weaver, the author of the g/k43 book, or the part is through numrich(gun parts corp).

People like me have a spare bolt with extractor set and locking lugs, though right now I'd rather those get sold together, if I ever do even sell them, so my point is private individuals have some parts sometimes for that route.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
hts
NO, makes it a bitch to chamber a rd or clear a malfunction. :(
I would wonder at the mindset of anyone who would do that. Course it is also possible that they had the handle break - or come unscrewed and get lost and haven't been able to replace it. I just went to the shop and made me a new one when it happened to me. :D
Sarge

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I have come across a number of carrier bolt handles which were not staked properly and simply unscrewed... good way to lose one.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Yep, I had one that kept coming loose so I staked it down. The one that I made a new handle for had a broken one in it when I got it. Did the easy early solid type for a replacement.
Sarge

·
Registered
703 Posts
g43 price

what is a g43 worth in fair condition .bolt handle is missing and stock is modified some. have a chance to buy one.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
What do you mean by "fair condition"??? Is it all matching?
With a butchered stock & missing cocking handle, if mismatched maby $1500. If matching then depending on condition maby $2K???
You'll be lucky to find a cocking handle so will probably have to buy an expensive bolt carrier. A good stock will cost you $400 +/-. IF you need a bbl band and retaining spring add another $100+
Sarge

1 - 11 of 11 Posts