Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put a scope on my k98. Its late war yugoslav model. I love shooting it but cannot see the sights anymore. I've been looking at the sybff on ebay, etc and was curious what you all would recommend, high thrret, low turret , long side rail.
I just want to be able to shoot my rifle, and take it hunting also.
Thanks for your help, Kevin

·
Gold Bullet member
13,893 Posts
There is a recent thread here on the LSR's. Several of us here have them and like them.

It can get down to a matter of personal preference and also economics. Some are more expensive to buy and build than others. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Well the quickest, cheapest, and least destructive method of putting a scope on your Mauser would be using the long eye relief scope mounted where the rear sight would be. This type of mount varies in quality and ability to keep a zero so I would do your home work. I myself have not utilized this method but I have heard good results.

For the cost I have seen for LSR and other Mauser replica scope mounts I would think you could purchase a complete sporterized or even a stock military that bubba had drilled and tap for less money than you would put into doing LSR or something similar.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts