Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought these at the ogca show and have a few questions. What is that stamp on the 91 stock? What is that number with the S? and what do these slings go to? PPSH? and?
thanks

·
Silver Bullet member
1,094 Posts
-Stock makers mark
-receiver has been reused from earlier rifle. The S number is a civil guard number.
-bottom sling is war time M38 carbine sling. And not too common.

·
Silver Bullet member
1,094 Posts
I am assuming your rifle is a 40s era Tikka barreled one right? That receiver was probably once on a M91/24 or M28. It could have been from an early M91 that was civil guard marked. They are not common, and seen less than regular Army marked ones. In my opinion.

·
Ramen noodles or Bill Gates?
1,958 Posts
the top sling is for an svt40. Keith

·
Registered
87 Posts
top sling also used on PPShs.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I agree that is a stock makers mark but I couldn't find that particular crossed cannon mark on Ted's site.

·
Silver Bullet Member
7,670 Posts
I almost bought that MN sling. It has a brass buckle. Interesting, I thought it looked Polish. I saw the SVT/PPSH sling in the same bin with the Russian MN slings. $10 each as I recall.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,530 Posts
As best as I have been able to find out the first mark is either a stock makers mark or some sort of acceptance mark on early Finnish M91's. It appears on the left rear buttstock on a few M24's I have seen. Check to see if the barrel channel has been inletted for a larger barrel, it would be interesting to know if you have a M24 stock. The top sling is for a PPSH, the bottom sling is a wartime M38 sling with the original large dog collars. That bottom sling is a tough find and usually go for a premium, great grab on that!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I almost bought that MN sling. It has a brass buckle. Interesting, I thought it looked Polish. I saw the SVT/PPSH sling in the same bin with the Russian MN slings. $10 each as I recall.
yeah. He gave them to me for $15 for the two.
The reciever is undated with a tula hammer. Is there any clue as to a yperiod when tula didn't date their recievers?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts