Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing my semi-annual cleaning of the gun safe and found my Yugo M48 but now I have some questions about it. My understanding is that it should have a bent bolt but looks like someone replaced it with a straight bolt. Would appreciate any information from the experts out there. Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Every once in awhile a M48 comes up with a straight bolt. I might even recall one that matched the rifle. I bet the factory had some straight bolts laying around and used them. Or sometime down the line maybe a M24/47 ended up with a bent bolt and this one with straight?

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hairygreek, thanks for the opinion. It does make me feel better about the $200 bucks I spent on it. Receiver, stock, and magazine floor plate all match on it.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
hairygreek, thanks for the opinion. It does make me feel better about the $200 bucks I spent on it. Receiver, stock, and magazine floor plate all match on it.
For the crazy prices I've seen lately on these... $200 was a good deal.

·
Silver Bullet member
8,002 Posts
if its not matching to the receiver it is for sure a M24 or M24/47 bolt which will work fine as can be usually...if its matching numbered and the import mark has MMC in it.. it was renumbered here to match

The M48 rifle came after the M24/47 and when the M24/47 was withdrawn many were gone over and repaired before being put in storage..A bent bolt (M48 bolt) found in one of these with a matching number is correct.

Note that a distributor was bending M24/47 bolts for a price but these will have a round knob and not have a flat bottom..these are Bull squat except as a shooter

Typed before I looked at all the pics...your bolt is for sure M24/47..you can see the Crown over T proof mark on the knob which is original to the M24 but the stem number is certainly M24/47, stamped during the post war refurb

1 - 6 of 6 Posts