Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I snagged a M91 bayonet off a auction sight were it was listed as a "unknown civil war bayonet":) Picture was blurry so I couldn't make out the markings but for 40$ I was more than willing to bid anyway. It just arrived and I'm having trouble deciphering the markings, thanks in advance.

The bayonet

Possible crescent stamp?

Serial number

Also has what looks like a Ordnance Wheel stamp and a X stamp on the same side, U.S. made?

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for confirming that Pahtu, once I saw the Flaming Ordnance stamp I figured it was either a Remington or a N.E.W. As luck would have it I already own a Finn'd N.E.W. M91 so I can check that want off my list.

·
Gold Bullet Member
9,970 Posts
I have seen maybe a half dozen of these, either for sale online, or posted here - Not many in the grand scheme of things - I would not call em rare....but you just don't see them very often - There must be a few hundred thousand around, but where did they go for sure....? I dunno....

By far, Remington bayonets are encountered!

Pahtu.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.