Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
8,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be competing in some matches shortly and wish to reload some M118 NM Cases that I have. Can someone give me some advice on what primers to use, so I don't get a bad surprise out of my M1A?

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
The CCI is the #34 mil spec primer. Most people who shoot the M1A say they don't have any problems with regular rifle primers. If you can, wait for more replies. I have found the #34s at shows and even semi locally at times. One thing for sure is you can't go wrong using them but you may not have to.
Motor

·
Platinum Bullet Member
8,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you gents. I knew I'd get good advice here. Semper Fi.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I tried using the CCI #34s in LC once fired brass, after swagging (crimps) and cleaning the primer pockets. The primers fit so tight, I crushed a couple trying to get them seated. It was a very frustrating experience and I gave up on using them in standard LC brass. I went back to Winchester Large Rifle Primers (WLR) in my LC brass, and am using the CCI #34s in commercial brass. You most likely will not have the issues I did using the CCI #34s being your M118 NM brass should not have crimped primer pockets. I've reloaded / shot thousands of LC brass primed with WLR primers in my M1As and never had any issues / slam fires. Just make certain they are properly seated below flush.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.