Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
Where is the best place for me to obtain factory-like screws for the PU base pictured? Got this in a trade with a very nice member here a few years ago. I was told it's a postwar factory base, though I believe it's been scrubbed (tried to show in pic) and reblued. As you can see, the pins and holes seem to line up well, so I'm planing to lightly oil and gently tap it in to see if it'll work. The rifle is also dated 1944, as are most Yugos, from what I've read recently here on the site.

I assume the screws aren't standard metric screws, so where is a good place for me to look for something that'll work, and look ok when the scope isn't in place?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had to look for some 6x.75 IIRC screws for a repo that was missing them. Couldnt find them anywhere, couldnt even order them. Ended up having to retap the holes.
Hummm, not what I wanted to hear. I hope there's an easier way.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Coyote tracker,
Pan head is probably easier to tighten. Let me know what you come up with.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Life's Good! In addition to Coyote Tracker's offer to help, I just found an ebay seller from Russia selling a screw kit for $30 shipped and accumounts has a similar offering for $25 shipped. Since there are more screws and bits than I need, I've emailed accumounts to see if they sell just the two screws needed (thanks for the suggestion RusskieSniper).

It would be great if the mount was a direct fit!

For those who can tell, is there any difference between a Russian postwar mount and a wartime that's been scrubbed? Can you tell what mine is?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just added...

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cast, forged, good, no good? I traded for it (in 2009, if my records are right) as being post-war unissued Russian, and bought before the glut of reproduction scopes and bases hit the US.

Does the scope look correct? Need more pics?

Thanks

·
Gold Bullet Member
8,880 Posts
I don't know a lot about postwar bases/mounts and which are repros, which (if any other than Hungarian, etc) are arsenal, so can't help a lot on that.

The scope is definitely legit though-it's a Yoshkar-Ola.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks again Ol' Relic, and I hope you have a good week!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Hello,

base is repro, mount is repro, scope is real and a new varient I at least have yet recorded. Usually the serial reads 4455589 but this has serial with year under, first i have seen must be a very late change!! my next serial is a 50,000 serial like old style so this observation added just about 5000 more scopes produced in 1944.

later
vaughn

·
Gold Bullet Member
8,880 Posts
Hello,

base is repro, mount is repro, scope is real and a new varient I at least have yet recorded. Usually the serial reads 4455589 but this has serial with year under, first i have seen must be a very late change!! my next serial is a 50,000 serial like old style so this observation added just about 5000 more scopes produced in 1944.

later
vaughn
Very early '43 Yoshkar-Ola scopes used this date/serial style, then it started being used again in late 1944.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts