Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy has a repo k98 side mount sniper with a 6x Pecar scope. It would in the past remain sited in but has begun in the last year to move around with its point of impact from one trip to the range to the next. As a result he has to adjust his point of impact back on target each time he takes it to the range. He's checked the gun over and is convinced it is the scope internals. Can anyone provide a source to have these scopes serviced/repaired? Thanks...Mo

·
Gold Bullet member
13,898 Posts
I would rule out all the other variables first. So many things will change the POI. I see POI change just in the course of a full day at the range due to temp and humidity variables. A change in lot of ammo will change it, not just a change in ammo type, bullet weight etc. Action screw tenison can change as the wood to metal fit change over time. I would expect if the POI remains fairly constant throughout the single trip to the range the cause is not the scope. Some rezeroing with each range trip is normal in my experience.

·
Banned
7,240 Posts
I've got the name of a gunsmith who's expert in all things K98 sniper and he also repairs original scopes..send me a PM and I'll pass his info along..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts