Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a parts diagram for the Mossberg MDL "M" .22 rifle. Understand the "Trailblazer" by "Premier" is the same. Montgomery Wards sold them around 1927? Friend has one and needs some parts.
Thanks in advance

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Solddaboat,
Thanks! I'll have to tell him the prices are no good! LOL. He is not a gun person, left the rifle in a closet for 20 years? rusted up pretty bad and has broken parts. Says it was his Grandfathers , wants to "restore" it.
Now for the $64,000.00 question, know a source for parts?
Thanks again

·
Registered
226 Posts
Probably no parts avaliable anywhere at any price....

But you can contact the bunch at www.havlinsales.com... They will know for sure...

I would give them a call... Usually will save lots of time...

·
Registered
226 Posts
No... he's only open on something like Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.... Found out the hard way... drove the 40 miles over there on a Saturday... I still have to work for a living 8 to 5 during the week...

·
Copper Bullet member
392 Posts
I have also looked around for any Premier .22 parts and can't find a supplier. If yo do find someone, please pass it on.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I checked the site Solddaboat posted, (thanks again) link to a guy that has parts, clearly states there are none available for the MDL M. Told the guy with the Trailblazer today, he still wants it refinished, guess to hang on the wall? Seems to me if you had your Grandfathers .22 you would ALWAYS take care of it....
Yea , I understand Lee's is "catch him when he's there"...........IIRC there is another large used parts house somewhere in the midwest? Had it in my favorites but lost it when the puter hard drive crashed....

·
Registered
226 Posts

·
Copper Bullet member
392 Posts
This is also what I had found, I don't know if it will be any help to you.

The "Premier" brand was manufactured by O.F. Mossberg & Sons starting around 1927 - 1928 for Montgomery Wards. It is a hammerless, take-down, octagonal barrel, pump action .22 caliber rifle and was sold by O.F. Mossberg as the Model "M". Mossberg also manufactured 2 round barreled versions the model "K" and the shorter model "S". Victor & Cheryl Havlin discuss and picture this model in their book "Mossberg: More Gun For The Money"

When I had started researching these models, I was lead to believe that they were a Stevens model 29A, and went to Poppert, but they had said they had no parts at the time.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
loosenuts,
Thanks, found info on the "Premere Line" and his rifle. Since this "relic" is not mine, doing it for a guy that owns a local eatery......he should have taken care of it.........
How far from Tobyhanna are you?

·
Copper Bullet member
392 Posts
Another problem I was having is the parts break-down pics had been copied so many times, you could barely make out the items because they were so blurry, LOL

Tobyhanna is about 1/2 hour North of me. My oldest son is trying to get in there for Software Engineering.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
loosenuts,
Havlin's site is hard to read, set my printer to the highest number of "dots", came out better. Have not heard back from the "Trailblazer's" owner, not sure what he's going to do.
Beautiful country up there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.