Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I get narrow die locking rings for Lee Dies. Some of My Lee dies are slightly too short for my old Lyman Orange crusher press - by just a little. I’d like to find a narrower locking ring.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
14,254 Posts
Lee eventually discontinued the short dies and made the worst offenders a little longer.
Rather than pay a high price for thin rings that really will not correct the basic problem you might consider selling off your short dies and buying a longer set. You will not need the thin rings with the longer dies.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lee eventually discontinued the short dies and made the worst offenders a little longer.
Rather than pay a high price for thin rings that really will not correct the basic problem you might consider selling off your short dies and buying a longer set. You will not need the thin rings with the longer dies.
Thanks. That is an option I’m seriously considering.
However right now it’s only one caliber that’s in the zone, 7.62x39. And it’s in conjunction with my old Lyman press. I do have an older lee single stage challenger O press I might put into operation for this simple caliber.

·
Registered
21,269 Posts
Dillon rings will do the trick. Thats an immediate fix but ireload is right, Lee's short dies are a PITA and if you can sell them off and replace with a longer version, its a good return on time and $ invested.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.