Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently aquired a BCD4 (RC) and would like to know if someone could tell me in what part of the year it was made and what follower would be correct. My rifle is all Eagle 1 then 1 marked. The front band is milled with serial no, the rear band is milled with serial no, the bolt is not marked with serial no . and the follower is marked WaA280 w/sn. No stock. My serial number is 41202 no letters. The serial number is on barrel only.

Doug

·
Banned
2,870 Posts
I have recently aquired a BCD4 (RC) and would like to know if someone could tell me in what part of the year it was made and what follower would be correct. My rifle is all Eagle 1 then 1 marked. The front band is milled with serial no, the rear band is milled with serial no, the bolt is not marked with serial no . and the follower is marked WaA280 w/sn. No stock. My serial number is 41202 no letters. The serial number is on barrel only.

Doug
Not meaning to be a smart ass but being it is an RC, the follower it has is technically correct. Your bolt has no serial number because the number was ground off...this is seen on many recent batches of RC's, but not all batches.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Are you asking whether you should have a stamped or milled follower? I'm taking a guess and say for your rifle year you should have a stamped follower to be period correct.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BCD follower

Yes, should I have a stamped or milled and I would want one that was installed by the Germans not Russies with the correct Waffen.

Doug

1 - 4 of 4 Posts