Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just inherited a Japanese military rifle, an Arisaka Type 99 8th Series, Nagoya Arsenal, 7.7x58mm. According to the information I found on it, it is similar in ballistics to a 30-06, but we know how information runs on the internet. Is anyone familiar with this rifle? Ammo is still available for it and it appears to be in fair condition.

Thanks.

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,220 Posts
Yes ammo is available (or would be if not for the current shortage). Search online and you may be able to find some in stock some place.
It is similar power wise to the 30/06.
You can check the FIREARMS OF THE RISING SUN section of this forum for more specific information on your rifle.
You can also post pictures of the rifle there for more information from some very well versed people.
Show a couple of full length pictures plus closer shots of the receiver and any numbers or symbols.
Gary

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Norma ammo is available for your rifle but will be expensive......

Figure $40 plus per box... Other flavors available but have been in short supply over the last year or so....

I would have the headspace checked before firing, and have a gunsmith do a safety check priori to firing.....

Good luck with her....

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes ammo is available (or would be if not for the current shortage). Search online and you may be able to find some in stock some place.
It is similar power wise to the 30/06.
You can check the FIREARMS OF THE RISING SUN section of this forum for more specific information on your rifle.
You can also post pictures of the rifle there for more information from some very well versed people.
Show a couple of full length pictures plus closer shots of the receiver and any numbers or symbols.
Gary
Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts