Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The black paint on my MP5 clone fake supressor needs a touch up, I used a syntheric botr cleaner and it took the paint off around the muzzle. I probably would refinish the entire can, What is a good rattle can spray paint, the color is black, has a semi gloss finish. What are the thoughts?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would hit it with some high heat manifold paint (the 2000* kind) from the auto store, then a coat of clear so nothing will take it off again. Be damn near bullet proof then, pardon the pun.
[/QUOT
I would hit it with some high heat manifold paint (the 2000* kind) from the auto store, then a coat of clear so nothing will take it off again. Be damn near bullet proof then, pardon the pun.
hi thanks for the info. I was thinking about the same I think that would do the trick!

·
Registered
546 Posts
I would strip all the remaining finish off of it, sand the bare metal with something like 220 grit sand paper, clean with Denatured Alcohol, and paint with an engine paint like Duplicolor DE1635 Semi-Gloss Black.

It is resistant to heat, but also more chemical resistant than regular paint.

Another option may be Rust-Oleum High Heat Ultra. The Black is a Semi-Gloss.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.