Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings:

Was in a local shop today... There was an earlier Chinese SKS that I am curious about... Marked Factory 26 triangle followed by chinese characters... then serial number (rather long string of digits). Threaded barrel... milled trigger guard... serial numbers match... bayo l\ug present but no bayo attached... VERY interesting red/orange bakelite hand guard... ribbed surface... not the usual smooth found on the red bakelite stocked versions.

Typical Chinese shelaced stock but there is a .5 inch tall 4 in a triangle cartouche on the wood below the serial number location on the left side of the stock.

Is this earlier factory 26 gun anything special? They are asking $275.00.

Thanks for the feedback.

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,362 Posts
Probably a little high on the price. I would think $225 would be fair for that rifle.

Is this what the hand guard looked like??

They are legit Chinese hand guards.

·
Super Moderator Platinum Member Zombie Killer
4,049 Posts
Probably a little high on the price. I would think $225 would be fair for that rifle.

Is this what the hand guard looked like??

They are legit Chinese hand guards.

I agree with you on both points....and one of my favorite factory /26\ rifles that I have....and gave $150 for it....dang near new, too.....!

·
Diamond Bullet Member/Moderator
51,040 Posts
It's not an early arsenal 26 rifle but in reality one of the last 3 production years, IMO some of the best production guns made by the Chinese.

·
Super Moderator Platinum Member Zombie Killer
4,049 Posts
It's not an early arsenal 26 rifle but in reality one of the last 3 production years, IMO some of the best production guns made by the Chinese.
I agree, Mike, mine is a 24,000,000 s/n.....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks.. that's the handguard

Greetings:

Thanks for the feedback... sorry to be slow to reply... was rearranging basement and had to relocate puter... that in fact is the handguard... and I only presumed early based on the milled parts and threaded barrel.. I did not memorize the serial number but it was many places long... so it certainly seems to conform to your interpretations. Any thoughts on why the milled parts on a late rifle? Any signifigance (read premium) associated with the handguard? Wasn't really looking for another SKS but if a scarcer item I am willing to see if they would come down a bit...

·
Registered
476 Posts
I agree, Mike, mine is a 24,000,000 s/n.....
that makes yours a 1980 the last year of sks production in the /26\ factory.

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,362 Posts
I would not pay a premium for a rifle with this hand guard over another similar one without it......unless that is you really like the look, or if you wanted it as a variation for your collection. If it's worth more to you thats ok!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts