Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a small lot of parts (bolts, f/p's, bolt bodies, etc.) for .22 rifles from an old college rifle range a while back. The ROTC at the college ran the range and provided the majority of rifles (mostly Win 52's and Remington 40-X).

The bolts pictured below don't match either of those rifles, but I'm thinking they may be for older vintage US manufactured Winchester, Savage or H&R guns. I've got some bolt bodies and f/p's that match these and some other bolt bodies which I "think" may be Remington parts, but don't know. I'll try to get some pics up later on those as I'm still sorting through the parts.

Can anyone help identify these bolts?

Thanks.
Type 96 LMG

·
Registered
248 Posts
Concur they also fit the Winchester 69a though the bolt handle may look a bit differant. great find as these bolts are very hard to find on the loose. I got over $200 for one a couple years ago though I think that was a fluke. Should be worth $100 each if complete and in good shape.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Paul, DRB,

Thanks for the identification. Makes sense they were for the old Wnichester target rifles given where they came from. I'll probably sell them as I don't have either Winchester model. Looks like I've got a few spare bolt bodies and firing pins as well for them; All in decent shape.
Have at least one different bolt and f/p to identify as well as a loose trigger or two.
Hope to get pics posted shortly of those.

Type 96 LMG

1 - 4 of 4 Posts