Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I aquired several rifles recently. One is a SKS w/o Factory codes that I see. The trigger guard is milled and bright blue.
I will include photos. Any info you may provide as to factory, type, or date of production would be appreciated.

Ken in Ohio

Attachments

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
The long lug threaded barrel identifies your rifle as early factory /26\ production, pre-1965. The milled FCG and (apparently) single piece gas tube are also pre-1965 features. Originally it had a pot belly stock with a blade bayonet.

Just curious, but have you had the action out of the stock? If so, are there any small inspection stampings below the wood?

A most excellent catch.

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,844 Posts
Definitely a later Norinco rework of an early Type 56, as pointed out. All the components were scrubbed and renumbered, so the fact that the early barreled action with early rear sight leaf also ended up with a milled trigger group from the Norinco parts bin was probably a happy accident. Nice rifle.

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,844 Posts
There should be a 9 on the left side of the receiver to match the index number on the barrel. Boris is looking for additional inspection/process markings, as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts