Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for information on what the Japanese Kanji is on this Type 100 Grenade Launcher and any more information. I would also like to know if the carrying case for the Type 2 Grenade Launcher is the same as for the Type 100 Grenade Launcher. Any help is appreciated in advance.
kaydee
Dwight Brown

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
The kanji on the barrel bushing says "for 99 type rifles only", T-100 pouches differ from the T-2 pouch, in addition your launcher is produced by the Nagoya arsenal (Torimatsu) therefor it's correct pouch will have a circular "Durable Snap" fastener normally painted in drab green as opposed to the Toyoda produced pouch which utilizes a black painted "Lift the Dot" style fastener, see attached photo...
Please note that the last pouch with the 3rd T-100 Launcher featuring the Durable Snap is a copy I made myself, although it's a close copy using real WW2 Japanese canvas the snaps have the "DOT" brand name stamped in to them!
Ammunition Brass Bullet Tool Hardware accessory

·
Registered
2,992 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
I am looking for information on what the Japanese Kanji is on this Type 100 Grenade Launcher and any more information.
一〇〇式擲彈器 = hyakushiki tekidanki = Type 100 Grenade Launcher.
九九式用 = kyūkyūshiki-yō = literally "99 Type Use". It is thought that since this is marked on the clamp that it refers to the rifle and not the grenade.

japkrap
Do those Type 89 shells actually fit inside the cup of that improvised grenade launcher which is depicted in the upper right side of your photograph?

·
Banned
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For more information y View attachment 3758065 ou should probably purchase this excellent book on the subject...
I want to thank you for the post of the manual for the Grenade Rifles and Launcher. I had yo go back to my library and sure enough I had it. I researched and found all of the information that I needed for the Type 100 and the Type 2.
Thanks,
Dwight

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Hey Guys,
My pleasure & thank you! I'm always happy to help...
Both of those pouches are correct, congrats to you both!
The painted launcher with the T-89 rounds is featured in that book, it is called a "Burma" launcher, see this older post:
-Rick

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.