Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have had this K98 for 3 or 4 years now and can not figure out where it has been. It is a BYF 43. The only part that I believe is original matching is the triggerguard. The stock has yugo markings and is mismatched but the rest of the gun has no signs of yugo service. The bolt is mismatched with all German markings scrubbed off except the serial number. The rear sight is numbered to the reciever but has no waffenamts anywhere. Waffenamts are intact on reciever, barrel, and triggerguard. Now the interesting part, the barrel bands are late war stamped and welded ones and the entire serial number is stamped verticaly on the rear band. Also, there are no import marks on the rifle. I have been doing a good amount of research on this and have not been able to find anything to explain this. If anyone has any information they can share, it would be greatly appreciated. I will try to get some pics up in the next day or so.

Thank you.

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,648 Posts
It is likely just a post war used rifle. It has had some parts replaced/switched during it's service. Nothing weird about late war bands that are mismatched. Who knows for sure where is has been since your rifle may have passed through many hands before you got it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here are some pics. And the rear band is numbered to the reciever/barrel.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts