Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a Chinese SKS with a very odd marking today.

Although I thought I had committed the mark to memory perfectly, I can't remember all of it.

What I do remember is the code was on the left rail to the left of the serial number. It was in an oval and looked like (backward lowercase 'e') (can't remember) ( '8' or 'B') (backward 'e'). The 'e's could be the number 9, but the really looked like backward 'e's. I made a very crude drawing of the mark.

It has a threaded barrel and shows possible signs of being a rebuild such as different bluing on the sight bases. Also has a matching stamped trigger guard assembly.

·
Registered
476 Posts
there are some oval codes similar to what you describe. (9696) (9186) (6009)

some stamps are not always clear. then again it could be a number not seen and recorded yet. last year I ran across a (0402) that was not on the known charts.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks leadpusher.

My first impression was that it was "eBBe" or "eIBe" in the oval, but I bet it was "9889" or "9189" or the "9186" you mention. The script was really funky, almost like the triangle code.

If it is indeed a currently undocumented (in the US) code, are they worth more than more run of the mill Chinese SKSs? They want $225 for it, and I'm not sure if I want to mess with it or not.

·
Registered
476 Posts
found the pics

1 - 5 of 5 Posts