Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a model 1882 Remington Lee rifle in very poor conditon. The bolt is missing the cocking knob and extractor, and I won't know what else until I can get it out. How do you remove the bolt?

·
Registered
510 Posts
IIRC, you rotate the extractor out of the way, open the bolt, squeeze the trigger and pull the bolt to the rear and out. Since the extractor is missing on yours, you should be able to skip that step.
Mine is in the safe downstairs. I can check later tonight.
What caliber? Mine is .30-40 Krag.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IIRC, you rotate the extractor out of the way, open the bolt, squeeze the trigger and pull the bolt to the rear and out. Since the extractor is missing on yours, you should be able to skip that step.
Mine is in the safe downstairs. I can check later tonight.
What caliber? Mine is .30-40 Krag.
The bolt head is too large to pass through the receiver. How does the bolt head come off? Not sure of the caliber. It is one of the Navy rifles with the anchor and serial number and inspector's innitials on the receiver ring.

·
Registered
370 Posts
try: eugene myszkowski ,box 167, stuyvesant falls NY 12174
he is the autor of book " the remington lee rifle " from excalibur publications
perhaps he know a source for spares
my specimen is in 43 spanish, model 1879, ex suisse museum , and ex trials rifle of the suisse arms commission: serial 6399
with lee cook magazine and springfield socket bayonet , springfield front ans rear sights
greetings from
jarmann

·
Registered
877 Posts
Hello,

Mine is 1885 as well. It is in the range that went to the California Naval Battalion. I tried to find more info based on the serial # in SRS. No luck, but few in a close range are associated with the USS San Francisco.

I got it together with a Colt 1892 in .38 LC, both weapons are in poor condition and I got them in the Bay Area. According to a seller someone found them in Richmond, CA.

Rusnak

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.