Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received this gun from the family collection. I know next to nothing about Mausers, just getting into them. Any info related to authenticity, rarity, or value would really be appreciated. Also a specific question, when you think the drill/tap job on the receiver was done? I'm sure that at least isn't original.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Received this gun from the family collection. I know next to nothing about Mausers, just getting into them. Any info related to authenticity, rarity, or value would really be appreciated. Also a specific question, when you think the drill/tap job on the receiver was done? I'm sure that at least isn't original.

View attachment 769933 View attachment 769934 View attachment 769935 View attachment 769936 View attachment 769937 View attachment 769938 View attachment 769939

Your rifle is a commercial rifle built by Mauser and sold internally to various government agencies. The rifle would originally have been in a solid walnut stock. The current stock and bands appear to be from a K98k rifle. The bolt body is a replacement or has been scrubbed as it should have commercial proofs on the bolt root. The drill and tap is a civilian post war modification. In its current condition, in the US, it would be worth $250- $300. Its value now is as a shooter or for parts.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No not import marked as far as I can tell. My grandfather had a habit of buying up bits and pieces of Mausers and putting them together into relatively nice shooters, this rifle seems to be one of those.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.