Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

New collector here. I've managed to come into possession of a USA model 1819 .54 caliber flintlock pistol dated 1821. At least that's what my online research seems to confirm, except there's one discrepancy of my pistol that doesn't seem to match any pictures I find online. The wood on my gun doesn't extend up the barrel as far as any of the same models I can find online. Is this normal? Does it mean anything that might effect the value of the piece?

Thanks so much for taking a look and lending your expertise.

Attachments

·
8,105 Posts
Not a common pistol, especially in original flint (can't tell with the quality of the pic) and in good condition. Yours has lost some wood and is in rough condition. The last one I saw for sale sold for about $300. But that was almost 40 years ago....

We need more and better pictures.

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
99,415 Posts
Agree with TP - as bet I can tell it is an 1819, but it appears to have lost some of the fore-stock with repairs made. And yes, it will affect the value. Not tremendously, especially if it is original flint instead of reconversion from cap-lock back to flinter, but some.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so much. Here are some more pics as you suggested.

Thanks for taking a look TP and Clyde. Here are some more pictures as per your suggestion. I hope they can help, if not I can upload higher resolution versions. Any additional thoughts are welcome!

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts