Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...this Czech BRNO Mauser. I never run across one like this so I thought maybe the experts would help me out...please :D

Other than a few other proof marks, there are no ID type stamps, even on the receiver...or it has been very cleanly scrubbed.

TIA!

·
Gold Bullet member
4,427 Posts
Is it Vz-98/22, Vz-24, or K-98 type? We'd need to see the barrel and stock to be able to really tell you much, though supposing you didn't take the handguard off for the first picture, it's probably a Czech export-production K98.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it Vz-98/22, Vz-24, or K-98 type? We'd need to see the barrel and stock to be able to really tell you much, though supposing you didn't take the handguard off for the first picture, it's probably a Czech export-production K98.
You are correct...I didn't take the hand guard off for the first picture. It actually looks the most like the K98s I'm familiar with. I had just never seen an unmarked receiver like that (except on an M48BO) nor the D Z stamp on the shank. The out-of-focus stamps on the receiver and shank in the third picture look like left facing lions that have been pinged, though I can't be 100% sure.

Just curious, assuming G - VG condition, what might a Czech K98 produced for export be worth? The guy who has it now and is considering selling it says he paid $600 for it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
post war k98

its a standard post war k98. I think you can still buy them from some of the importers for around 300.00..all they did was start production after the war..many parts still have the small waffenampts because these parts were made in large quantities..the rifle probably has the large winter trigger guard associated with these post war k98's..hope this helps!!

·
Platinum Bullet Member
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its a standard post war k98. I think you can still buy them from some of the importers for around 300.00..all they did was start production after the war..many parts still have the small waffenampts because these parts were made in large quantities..the rifle probably has the large winter trigger guard associated with these post war k98's..hope this helps!!
Once again correct...I forgot to mention the winter trigger guard. Ok...so $600+ is out of the ball park...I had a feeling. This poor guy is getting bad news on top of bad news...I feel bad for him.

Thanks for the help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts