Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Copper Hand Metal Leather Tool
Gun Revolver Handgun holster Gun accessory Starting pistol
Tool Handgun holster Antique tool
Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Handgun holster
Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Handgun holster
Shotgun Leather
Denim Linen emperor moths
while doing some COVID gun room cleaning I came a few holsters I am not sure about. They are all unmarked except the left pistol holster has a mark "TKG Ljubljana" on the rivet so I presume it is produced in Slovenia. The guns pictured fit fine and they may or may not came with the holsters (I have a bunch of them) but it gives an idea about the size.
Any help with exact ID (not guesses) would be great
Thank you!!

·
Silver Bullet member
856 Posts
The upper left is a tokarev holster, not Russian as it is strap down , not strap up. Strap down says Yugoslavian (M57) but it is not the most common type. (edited to note, that makes sense given the city name on the rivet).
Lower left appears to be a Nagant holster, missing the front pouch (see the empty stich lines) and cut down, so not sure what it was being used for in its last incarnation.

·
Registered
13,505 Posts
Top right looks like a postwar Hi-Power holster but doesn't quite fit with the ones I have pictures of..... the characteristics are similar to a couple patterns.

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Best way to check if holster is for a Hi Power is to see if the magazine fits into the pouch.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The upper left is a tokarev holster, not Russian as it is strap down , not strap up. Strap down says Yugoslavian (M57) but it is not the most common type. (edited to note, that makes sense given the city name on the rivet).
Lower left appears to be a Nagant holster, missing the front pouch (see the empty stich lines) and cut down, so not sure what it was being used for in its last incarnation.
The "Nagant" holster has this strange insert (second pic from the bottom) which is never seen on russian holsters (it could be some later repair but looks like a factory made one)

·
Silver Bullet member
856 Posts
The "Nagant" holster has this strange insert (second pic from the bottom) which is never seen on russian holsters (it could be some later repair but looks like a factory made one)
I saw that and wasn't sure what to make of it (factory or not) and I agree that protrusion raises questions. Would you agree it is missing a pouch and does it look cut down?

Upper left is Yugoslavian Tok holster as the strap is on the flap, not the body, and must be a older version. It isn't the very common model which came in with the bulk of the M57 a decade ago.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I saw that and wasn't sure what to make of it (factory or not) and I agree that protrusion raises questions. Would you agree it is missing a pouch and does it look cut down?

Upper left is Yugoslavian Tok holster as the strap is on the flap, not the body, and must be a older version. It isn't the very common model which came in with the bulk of the M57 a decade ago.
Yes, the pouch is definitely removed
By "cut down" do you mean the tip of the holster?

·
Silver Bullet member
856 Posts
I mean where the missing pouch was used to be straight across which is why the thread lines disappear over the edge. Nagant holsters are usually straight across at the mouth. The bottom protruding bit still has me confused.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I mean where the missing pouch was used to be straight across which is why the thread lines disappear over the edge. Nagant holsters are usually straight across at the mouth. The bottom protruding bit still has me confused.
I see what you mean. The tip of the holster does not look like the russian one either

·
Registered
91 Posts
Except for the black, the top right holster looks exactly like the tan one I have, widely advertised as 'French Foreign Legion 9mm'. or 'Postwar French MAC 9mm'. It does fit my 9mm FEG HiPower clone, as well as the spare magazine.

Happy Motoring, Mark

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Looks like a French M1950 for "large frame" pistols. ie. M1950, M1935, P.38, etc.
I'm temped to g with Nagant M1895. Lots of variations were made but the "blister" has me puzzled.
The Tokorev looking one appears to be post-war, but not sure of the country.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.