Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see axis pin is retained by the retaining pin. I've soaked it with P Blaster solvent and tried driving the pin out from each end but the pin doesn't seem to be moving. I even bent my nice punch from Brownells. :-( Any suggestions on how to remove this pin would be welcome. TIA

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Liquid Wrench and Kroil work better than PB. Let it soad a couple of days. But if the retaining pin is rusted into the pivot pin that badly you'll probably have to carefully break off the ends of the retaining pin with a small punch and or chisel. If you can get it to bend out from the reciever you can grasp it with tiny needle nose pliers and try to work it back and forth - it'll probably break off. Then drive the site pivot pin out. Once the pivot pin is out you can drill the hole out and use a new roll pin. Use a vice and be careful not to gouge the reciever.
Why does the site need to come off? I'd just leave it be and clean the rifle up around it with qtips and solvent.

·
Gold Bullet member
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I got the pin out at the shop today. Combination of more P Blaster, a little heat and a stronger punch. The sight was removed for installation of Accumounts scope mount.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.