Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
Need ur help here>

I just got y self a PSL , got it home and start cleaning it. So far it looks clean and well treated. But what I have noticed:

1- When cleaning the barrel from the inside with patches, it showed up dark all the time. ??? I worked hard to make it look clear but … still dark spots shows up ….

2- When I opened the gas tube, it did not look smooth from the inside. It looked like carbons in it and reddish color looks like rust.
Is that normal?

I did y best cleaning it both and the patches become a little bet lighter, and what I have noticed in the gas tube it got smooth but still the red color shows up.

Need help guys.

·
Banned
7,237 Posts
Simple answer is to just keep on cleaning... and then when you are satisfied it's good enough, clean it again each time you shoot it.
A shotgun brush works well on the gas tube housing...
I like to use Breakfree CLP between range sessions to keep rust from starting..just remember to remove it from the bore before shooting.
I like to leave the gas piston and tube coated with CLP during shooting, it keeps the carbon from sticking to the metal.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Simple answer is to just keep on cleaning... and then when you are satisfied it's good enough, clean it again each time you shoot it.
A shotgun brush works well on the gas tube housing...
I like to use Breakfree CLP between range sessions to keep rust from starting..just remember to remove it from the bore before shooting.
I like to leave the gas piston and tube coated with CLP during shooting, it keeps the carbon from sticking to the metal.

great advice

·
Gold Bullet member
1,354 Posts
Federal law requires all commercially made receivers to be marked (stamped or etched) with the manufacturer's name and location or the country of origin if it was imported in which case the importer's name and location must be marked. If your receiver truly is unmarked, you likely have a home made receiver made from a "flat", altho I have never heard of a PSL flat, just AK flats. It is remotely possible that the receiver was refinished and all the markings were removed.

Black patches indicate carbon fouling. A nylon brush in .45 caliber soaked with your cleaner of choice and run through the bore 10-15 times should loosen it up good. Follow up with a smaller brush that will allow the proper sized patch to be wrapped around it and still go down the bore. Push clean patches down until they come out the muzzle clean. Most sources do not recommend lubing the piston or gas tube. You can dry scrub the gas tube but the piston is self cleaning, just wipe off the smudge. If you shoot corrosive ammo, that's a whole other story.

HTH

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
He's trying to diagnose a problem without having ever seen the rifle, and you haven't answered his questions. IJ probably won't mess with it, anymore.

Do as stated above; clean it a few times and see if it improves. Sometimes, shooting a rifle will actually help it clean up, a bit. Clean it good, make sure there are no obstructions, then shoot the thing. It has a chrome-lined bore, and a little shooting won't hurt it. It's what it was made for.

Welcome to the Boards and PSL ownership. Many of us have quite a few thousand rounds through ours. I hope you have the same service from yours. ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He's trying to diagnose a problem without having ever seen the rifle, and you haven't answered his questions. IJ probably won't mess with it, anymore.

Do as stated above; clean it a few times and see if it improves. Sometimes, shooting a rifle will actually help it clean up, a bit. Clean it good, make sure there are no obstructions, then shoot the thing. It has a chrome-lined bore, and a little shooting won't hurt it. It's what it was made for.

Welcome to the Boards and PSL ownership. Many of us have quite a few thousand rounds through ours. I hope you have the same service from yours. ;)

thank you all

i think what i a going to do is puting it on a kerosen for one day and then clean it.

·
Admin Emeritus
19,077 Posts
Make sure you remove all traces of it as well.
It sounds to me since this was a used weapon that the gas tube was not cleaned properly. Clean it well with your solvent then let it sit wet over night and clean again. After shooting clean thoroughly and you should be fine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.