Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been researching online for months now, and I can't find anything like it. Some older Japanese rifles are similar, but not right on. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated, as I want to restore this rifle and use it for deer hunting = )

·
Silver Bullet member
15,766 Posts
Or a P14 Enfield, in .303 Brit; the M1917 is .30-06.
Otherwise they look pretty much the same.

·
Gold Bullet Member
3,430 Posts
Hello nocturnal :

Can you provide a closeup of the serial number and markings on top of the receiver ?, this info will determine if this is an ex-British contract P-14 or US issue P-17. One of the contractors Remington also made a civilian version.
Vicasoto

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I'm pretty sure that it is a 1917, but there still is enough mystery to let it still be a 1914. Even the sight ears are hacked off, too bad. Do what you want with it, what ever you do, it will be better than what it is now.

·
Silver Bullet member
2,138 Posts
I sportered a 1917 back in the early 60's, sent it to W R Weaver in El Paso and had the ears cut off and a scope mounted. Most accurate rifle I ever had, don't know why I sold it. Went to Kentucky twice and shot ground hogs with it. The three 1917's I have all have just one cross bolt in the stock. I don't know about a 1914 but looks like this one has three. riceone.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,766 Posts
I believe that two of the cross bolts are bubba's extras.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.