Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Mine is labeled “cetme sporter” and is in the same serial number format Cxxxxx unlike the more recent C308Exxxxxx. Mine also has the hk rear sight and wood furniture. I found somewhere online that this was the first batch by century and they were trying to determine if the hk sight would create more interest.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Do we know how to determine the date of a Century build?

Mine has a serial number starting with "C" only (C295**), a standard Cetme C rear sight, metal trigger housing, and says "Georgia, VT" on the other side.

Would that be an older build? About what year?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
The last one posted is a stamped receiver where as the other was a cast SS receiver. This one looks like a stamped model that someone swapped out the rear paddle for the G3 sight. They probably could not get it to sight in with the paddle as the front sight post goes both left and right as well as up and down and that really throws some off.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Do we know how to determine the date of a Century build?

Mine has a serial number starting with "C" only (C295**), a standard Cetme C rear sight, metal trigger housing, and says "Georgia, VT" on the other side.

Would that be an older build? About what year?

Thanks.
About 2000-2005 is my guess. I bought one of the first one hundred cast stainless CETMEs in 2000.

Reactions: jkv45
21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.