Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Santa Fe 1903A3, I acquired a Remington 1903A3 receiver to swap out with the Santa Fe Receiver. There’s no gunsmith near me that will do it. I’m willing to send it to someone out of my state to do the job so I can get this rifle up an running. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I had the same thing done to a National Ordnance a few years back by Allen's Gun Shop in Clarksville, TN. $65 to swap receivers and set headspace. They also did a No. 4 mk1 * Enfield barrel swap for the same price. Pretty good work, can't complain for that price.

By a few years I mean in 2017/18. Not sure if their prices changed.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I just had that same thing done. It took me 5 years to finally locate a good receiver at a fair price. A Springfield sporter that didn't have the ears cutoff, missing a front sight on a chopped barrel. $100 OTD. Cost $235 to pull both barrels and reinstall one in the 03A3, and swap out bolts for head space issues. The Smith specializes in Garands, but can do about any type of work.He's in Kali in the Sierra near Yosemite. I'm pretty sure he's an 01 FFL. PAX

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.