Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a round extractor and a firing pin retainer for a Remington Egyptian Rolling block.

Been looking online but haven't got any definitive leads.

Any of you fellas have one or a good lead?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ty :

W.H. Wescombe
PO Box 488
Glencoe, CA 95232
209-293-7010

When I was building RB sporters he was the best supply for all needs, been a while but give him a try.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info.

I will give it a shot.

Normally I would have done more with this project by now, but it is near hunting season so I have a lot of other people's work to do.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know the problem I have at least 20 guns in for problems from the last hunting season. They never bring them in at the end of the season but have to wait 3 weeks before the opener.

·
Registered
241 Posts
RE:Egyptian rolling block parts

Wescombe has been out of business for years now, he doesn;'t even return phone calls on this subject.There is a fellow in central CA who's selling rolling block parts, he used to be on E-bay, but now is on Gunbroker.He has used and new products. I bought a new mainspring from him and it's the best i ever saw.Do not buy anything from Dixie Gun Works, they are out of original parts and thair new made parts are out of spec, wrong size screw threads, just trash.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe I am in contact with the good R.B. seller from gun broker.

Thank you for the up to date info.

I had the business card of the fellow that is out of business now in my Rolodex with the words "ASS- DO NOT USE!" written on the card.

I don't know who wrote that on the card but I guess it was good advice.

·
Registered
34 Posts
There's always Womack : rollingblockparts.com , 530-333-2233, Garden Valley, CA area. I've not had anything but good luck with him,especially on the military models.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How many years ago did I write this posting?
It has certainly been a while.
Regardless, I got a part from someone or made the part myself.
I have only one rolling block project left and it is currently past the firing stage and at the point where I am still scratching my head wondering what kind of sights I want to put on it and what I am going to do about the barrel profile.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I made my own about a week after I posted this..a long time ago.
LOL

;)

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I made my own about a week after I posted this..a long time ago.
LOL

;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts