Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this rifle up years ago at a gun show in GA. I want to know is this thing is legit, its seems to be in fair shape, stock is a little rough, and I have no idea why some one would etch the serial numbers on the bolt and other parts of this rifle, maybe so they could sell me a rifle with matching numbers! I was 20 years old and knew nothing about anything, so just wondering whether this rifle is a complete turd or is it worth something. It does shoot; I think it has a new barrel; what ever you guys have to say about it would be great.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Its a Russian Capture. J&G has them for abot 350 now. Imported from Russia where the Ivans refurbed and EPed them to match.

·
Registered
722 Posts
That is a nice Russian Captured (RC is what we call them). The rifle has a history all it's own. It's not quite worth as much as an american bringback, but it is a "Genuine Nazi Mauser" from the Eastern front of world war 2. It could look like this.

Attachments

·
Silver Bullet member
6,214 Posts
Ordinarily I wouldn't offer an opinion on this, but since you asked for me by name: it looks like a fine rifle to me!! :)

A suggestion: spend $15-25 and have a gunsmith check the headspace before firing it again.

The Expert

·
Registered
703 Posts
typical rc gun. dark shellack finish on wood. electro pencil markings, the russian who did yours had pretty bad handwrighting lol. all serial numbers are missmached on these guns, so they re-serial number them. i find it funny that they used the same serial number from the recever, usually they just make one up and stamp it on the buttplate as well. so many of there are out there, seems like all of them are a little different, they werent very preticular with these. looks pretty good. how does it shoot?

·
Diamond Bullet Member
8,351 Posts
Its a Russian Capture. J&G has them for abot 350 now. Imported from Russia where the Ivans refurbed and EPed them to match.
They may have them for $350 but doesnt mean they are worth that.
Normal RC with marking intact $240-280. Some uncommon or rare code/date anywhere from $300-450. Some are willing to pay more than that for "ss" marked stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts