Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am thinking of soldering see thru mounts on the bridge and receiver instead of d&t'ing my sporter 43 bcd. does anyone know if this would give the clearance needed for the bolt handle and empty casings that would be ejected?

·
Registered
649 Posts
For Scopes

When I read see through mount I thought he was talking about the mount tunnel on the bases and rings so you can use the standard sight on a scoped rifle! Most that I have owned I had to put my glasses on to see the rear sight aperture at 100 meters, but when I moved the slide up to 200 meters I could see the aperture perfectly clear without glasses. My age is showing I am not 20-20 anymore, OK.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
this is a remington 700 bdl dm in .280(7mm).

the scope is a nikon monarch 3.5 x 10 x 50.

the bell is too big for regular mounts so i had to use see thru mounts which allows you to see the iron sites although i took my rear one off. this rifle i bought new in '96 and killed 20 bucks with it. 3 shots inside a nickle at 100 yards every time. anyway, these are the mounts which i was thinking of putting on the sporter. i know the mount bases won't fit perfect but i could take a wood dowel and sand paper and create the same contour of the mauser...then solder but i don't want to do this unless the bolt would clear and btw i would not use a scope this large.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Looks Good

I am no gunsmith, but those mounts look like they would clear an unaltered K98k bolt IMHO. But I do have a thought. Why don't you go up on Ebay and look for a German scope in claw mounts to keep the K98k period looking. You would then have a cigarette gun like the GI's had made up after the war while occupying Germany! Those claw mounts are often see through as well. One last thought on an 8mm I would D&T the bases

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
this is a remington 700 bdl dm in .280(7mm).

the scope is a nikon monarch 3.5 x 10 x 50.

the bell is too big for regular mounts so i had to use see thru mounts which allows you to see the iron sites although i took my rear one off. this rifle i bought new in '96 and killed 20 bucks with it. 3 shots inside a nickle at 100 yards every time. anyway, these are the mounts which i was thinking of putting on the sporter. i know the mount bases won't fit perfect but i could take a wood dowel and sand paper and create the same contour of the mauser...then solder but i don't want to do this unless the bolt would clear and btw i would not use a scope this large.
20 bucks in 12 years and 3 shots inside a nickel everytime I would sell everything else and take on all comers with that rifle because it's the shootin'st Mo gumby in the nation. Sunfish

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i doubt it moco. at any rate that lil m24/47 i had was nothing to sneeze at.

the only way i will trade that bcd is for a real sporting rifle. german of course. like the the one in the other thread.

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
Ha ha- thought I might catch you after a six-pack! I need to get my 24/47 to the range since I cleaned it- the first time I had it at the range, there was so much cosmoline in the bolt, that it wouldn't even hit the primers hard enough to fire!

·
Registered
282 Posts
wIthout the d&t, I doubt the scope would be in place after one shot. I had an ar-15 with a cheap bolt on scope mount and scope that I overtightened and locktited that would last one shot before peeling of the scope mount.this with the light recoil of a 223. I think the 8mm would do real damage.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.