Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still can't believe it, the wife and I were garage selling Sat., and it is true, a old dog gets a bone once in a while :D, I made a whale of a deal on a Master Caster Furnance. But I have been researching and I don't think I can use my cheap lee moulds:mad: And I can't afford to buy from Master Caster:eek:
They tell me that a person can mod most steel moulds, but I don't know.
If anyone can give me a heads up on this, I would be great full.
Thanks
Greg

·
Registered
230 Posts
Uhhh? I've heard the name, but can't place what a Master Caster Furnace looks like. Why can't you use any mold? I assume the lead has to come out somewhere somehow. Is it a clearance or reach problem or what? Sorry, I know I'm not helping you out but you've made me curious.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well, you have found yourself a project. I am not a high volume caster so I know little of such equipment but you can go to where the no nonsense casters hang. Go to http://castboolits.gunloads.com/ and post your question. If they can't help you they will help you sell it. Lucky dog... great find. JB

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys

You see I am 51 years old, type a person, got to bt doing something all the time, been reloading for 32 years, but now I have blown out lower back, so I can't stand long, so I thought instead of lying in bed all day I cast bullets untill my back got to killing me, and then go lay done.
Thanks a lt
Greg

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
congrats on the bone ,,i got a bone once..last garage sale of the day and i stopped..walked out with a winchester model 12 20 gage 1940 98% for......50.00..it was al i could do not to run to the truck and make a spectacal of myself.it was a choice of that or a single shot iver johnson my choice for 50 bucks i really thought i was haveing ear trouble so i ask 3 times..i think the nice man was getting annoyed so i paid him

1 - 9 of 9 Posts