Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Copper Bullet member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today I picked up a PU repro, but it is missing the ball joint on the scope base.

Anyone have an extra or know where I can get one?

Thanks!

·
Registered
802 Posts
The ball on some of the aluminum bases is steel. Find someone who has replaced the aluminum base with a steel one and just use the ball.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
603 Posts
I would try to make one myself. It does not seem like a complicated project. Just take a bolt that would fit a hole in the base, put it in the drill and file it to the shape you need.
10 minutes - top.

·
Copper Bullet member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would try to make one myself. It does not seem like a complicated project. Just take a bolt that would fit a hole in the base, put it in the drill and file it to the shape you need.
10 minutes - top.
Hmm... I'll head over to Lowes and see what I can find. How is the piece secured in there? The hole doesn't appear to be threaded.

·
Silver Bullet member
872 Posts
Had an old aluminum mount in the parts bin. Didn't see the last post in getting it out of the mount and put a couple of scratches it it. If you can't come up with anything you are welcome to this one. PM me with your add and I'll send it your way. I checked it with a magnet and it is steel.

Regards
Art

·
Copper Bullet member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I sent Tankdriver a Pm. I did so before I read your post River...Thanks for the offer as well.

Thanks Guys!!!

I am one happy camper:)

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,515 Posts
Ooh, I'm gettin that warm fuzzy feeling!

Must be the Canadian whisky I'm sippin! Dmitry, your a man after my own heart. My dad used to call all the stuff I'd make up, "Rube Goldberg".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts